Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

I was going to start this new year, this first month of 2012, marking moments. The mundane, the everyday- the stuff that makes our lives.
I was going to celebrate the new year with friends..I imagine we would of had a bonfire outside, red wine in, talk of our heart whispers for the coming year, reflect on the amazing year that was.
I imagine laughter and lots of kids running around, plenty of hands to hold unsettled babies, a BBQ on and a trip at the waterhole.

This 2012 has not at all begun the way I'd imagined.

New years Eve found Matthew being helicoptered to hospital after having an accident at the waterhole, we are waiting to hear more news at the seriousness of his injuries.
Friends did come- to support and hold unsettled babies. Make coffee, take big kids for a swim, pray.

Despite not having time to reflect or savor the passing of one year to the next I hold close the fresh reminder that  - life is a gift. And the everyday moments of our lives are extraordinary: a friend who wraps their arms around you, a hot cup of coffee, a child's laughter, a friends offer to mind the kids, a meal shared,
-it's all a gift.





 

I go into 2012 not at all how i imagined but I go in feeling deeply rich and with the knowledge that though dark times come there are flickers of hope everywhere if i look. I hope that 2012 finds me more full of thanksgiving and contentment than ever before as I fully live the mundane, the everyday moments: the extraordinary.

5 comments:

Susan (HomeGrownKids) said...

Oh my! I'm sorry to hear about Matthew's injury and helicopter trip. I'll add him to my prayer list.

May the Lord bless you and keep you safe and secure in His arms this year. We never know what the day or the year may bring us but we can have trust in Him, that He will have us in His arms throughout it all.

Ruby said...

I too will pray for Matthew and all of your family. May the year be one of many good things...despite the difficult start.

milkandhoney said...

Hi Skye,
Not a nice way to start the year at all. Praying for Matt and all the family. Glad Matt has finally made it to a Brisbane hospital. Love the photos of the twins. They are so gorgeous... xx

Linda said...

Wow skye that's a big start to your year. We will pray that matt is on the recovery road!

Inoureyes said...

I spent the 1st day of the year with a tummy bug and i thought that was a bad start. There will be many celebrations to make it a better year. We have you and your family in our hearts and prayers