Monday, September 14, 2009

in the moment:: mental health day









We had plans...I had plans. Our week was full of projects, copywork, maths, making, reading. I had planned the books, the tasks to be completed by the end of the week.
And then Monday morning. It hit me with such a thud added to that one very difficult nine year old boy and I knew I wasn't going to be up for the day. After some collecting of self moments I suggested to all lets go have a picnic and then stop at the library on the way home. It was for my own mental health .. I needed nature...perspective in the vast open skies and the free spirited songs that fill the trees.

And it was better.

1 comment:

Jen said...

"And it was better." I loved that line!

Thank you for reminding us through your example that a tree-change will change us, our outlook, and give us hope for one more round.

You're always so inspiring.