Sunday, June 26, 2011
my happy ten.
Today the sky is the clearest blue, the sun is warm and there is the slightest most gentle breeze...such a perfect winter's day.
My happy ten for these days of winter....
* his voice as he sounds out the more difficult words and that smile when he gets it.
* knowing daddy's home for the weekend and there will be good times, good coffee and a more balanced household (also mama gets some rest)
* making space on the kitchen bench for the bread machine, using it for the first time in ages and loving the smell of warmth as it fills this space.
* hearing this new baby's heart beating, making all this yukkiness count.
* friends visiting- good company and yummy food by the fire!
* Oh the fire!
* making use of the fact that I need to constantly be eating to ease the nausea, by spending more time than usual in the kitchen trying new recipes...loving Donna Hay's Seasons for inspiration.
* school holidays start next week. We might get that chapter book finished.
* her latest- 'Mama, I know how to count to a thousand: one, two, skip a few, a thousand!!'
* Daddy and sons playing table soccor together, making loud, joyful noise.